Last Sunday, we learned all about essential oils from doTerra Wellness Advocate Katie Henry of Starting Smart. Katie diffused a blend of relaxing oils in the air and incorporated them into breathing and stretching exercises during Andrea's vinyasa yoga class. After yoga, she led us in an educational seminar where we learned about the health benefits of individual oils while we inhaled and sampled the different scents. She even baked cookies for us using the doTERRA cinnamon bark oil! This recipe was too good not to share (and relatively healthy too). Enjoy!
Banana Oat Cookies with doTERRA Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
4 cups of oats
8 tablespoons of agave
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (you can also use almond meal)
3 drops of Cinnamon Bark doTERRA essential oil
**option to add 8 tablespoons of cacao power**
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the agave and oats and mix throughly. Add in the flour and mix again until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into your hands, rolling into 1-inch balls, then place on a baking tray.
4. Place tray in the oven and bake around 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
5. Let cookies cool, then enjoy!
Inspired by a recipe from Kris Carr
If you'd like to learn more about doTERRA essential oils, or make a purchase, visit Katie's page!